- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 lemons
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1lb fusilli (corkscrew) pasta
- 1/2lb baby arugula
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 a cup grape tricolor tomatoes
Recipe yields 4-5 servings
Start with Your Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds
- Add the cream, the zest from 2 lemons, the juice of 2 lemons, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken
Meanwhile Prepare Your Broccoli:
- Cut the broccoli in florets, you can discard the stem.
- Cook the florets in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm.
- Drain the broccoli and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Set to the side, we’ll come back to it later
And at the Same Time Make Your Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta (cook based on the package instructions, about 12 minutes and stirring occasionally)
Bring it All Together:
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain in a colander and add immediately to the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Pour pasta and sauce into large bowl
- Add the arugula, Parmesan, tomatoes, and previously cooked broccoli
- Toss together and season to taste. Personally I add some more pepper and top it off with more fresh Parmesan 😉
- Use your 3rd and final lemon…Cut into segments (wedges or circles, your call) and add it to the pasta.