Here’s another of my favorite slow cooker recipes for pork. You can use the meat for sandwiches, rice bowls, or for flatbreads like this recipe.
*Roasted Garlic Mayo*
- Bulb of Garlic – Roasted
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary, roughly chopped
- Salt, black pepper, and red pepper (to taste)
- 3 lb. Pork loin
- 6-8 cloves (depending on taste) of Garlic
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Garlic Naan (I personally used Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads)
- Drizzle of good EVOO
- 1/2 Red Onion – Sliced Thin
- Fresh Grated Asiago
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- Fresh Grated Parmesan
Make Your Pork
- Place pork in slow cooker with garlic, rosemary, zest from 1 lemon and the juice from both lemons
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Shred pork with 2 forks and return the slow cooker, toss with the juices and keep heated on warm
Make your Mayo
- Using a stick/immersion blender, blend together Mayo, Roasted Garlic (entire head), and chopped Rosemary.
- Taste and season accordingly with Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper.
Make your Flatbreads
- On warm Naan spread roasted garlic mayo
- Add red onions and Asiago cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees
- Remove from oven and add arugula and freshly grated Parmesan
- Place back in oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melty.
- Cut flatbread into handheld sized pieces